ladder exercise problem

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:46 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

i'm having a problem with ladder exercise number 5.73, how do i correct this? when i'm doing the 3rd and 4th finger ladders second finger goes off the fretboard.

Last edited Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:58 am | Scroll up

RE: ladder exercise broblem

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:51 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Concentration... No, seriously.

You could also hold down a fretted note with your 2nd finger on the E or B string while you do the ladder exercise with your 3rd & 4th finger. Even better is if you can fret both the 1st and 2nd finger, but that might take a while. This will isolate your 3rd & 4th finger more, but it will also get you used to the feeling of keeping the other fingers tight when you're not using them.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:59 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

thanks for the reply, i'll try that fro a few weeks and post again.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 am
by uderoche (deleted)

dlraben is right with this. Try doing ladder with 3rd and 4th finger and place the 1st finer on the B string. Then try the same but place 1st and 2nd finger on the B string. Try this for a while and see what happens.

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:10 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

hi again. am i doing the exercise right here?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:58 am
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Yes. Gets sore faster that way, right? Make sure you move around the neck too because these feel different in different positions.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

yes it does i cant do it 10 times up and down without some pain in my left wrist. i only started today so i'll keep at it :) thanks guys. these days i do only scalpel and ladders,

scalpel 10(at least) minutes per string and ladders, i stopped sweep picking exercises and legato cause i felt my left hand isn't working free as and relaxed when doing legato and some trill exercises. doing ladders sort of revealed the problem area. glad you guys are here to guide me through. thanks again.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
934 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 917) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly