where do i start and how

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:12 am
by Tilen • 31 Posts

hi :)

i have a question about how do i start playing rock style of music on electric guitar,what kind of scales do i have to learn to start playing rock music

tnx for your answers :)

ps..... sorry for my bad english :)

Scroll up

RE: where do i start and how

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Yeah come on guys - just a one sentence answer that will do it right?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:56 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Minor pentatonic? Blues scale?

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:51 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

I was gonna say one word....

"Pentatonic"

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:05 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

chromatic,wholetone,diminished, augmented in that order

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:20 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

can you tell me more about this minor pentatonic scale, blues scale

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

and what are chromatic,wholetone,diminished, augmented scales

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

tnx for all your answers

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:15 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: Tilen wrote in post #6
can you tell me more about this minor pentatonic scale, blues scale

Watch this video from beginning to end. When you can accomplish this, post a video of your playing. If you can't do this properly, you can't play guitar, you need to sell it. Start studying Science or math. You'll probably get a better job. World has enough guitarists.

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

mr pebber brown
i have question about this videos that you uploaded to youtube: MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS 101, i watch them all and i learn a lot from you peeber, but i would like to continue with my music education so my question is: will be more videos like this on youtube ? in the last section you talked about tertiary harmony,just in case if you wont remember.also i would like to know is that if i can buy lessons from your internet page please tell how and what kind of lessons do i have to buy to continue with my music education.you have no idea how much music education means to me.since i found your youtube channel all become much more clearly,so i have to tell you that you are doing us a WERY BIG FAVOR your name should be in musical history

ps sorry for my bad english :)

over and out Tilen

Tilen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am
by Tilen • 31 Posts

over and out Tilen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 am
by Tilen • 31 Posts

i also forgot to ask for this if i buy your ebook Minor Pentatonic Scale Workbook Vol.1A is in the videos that comes with minor pentatonic scale some knowledge from the start point of a guitar or is it just minor pentatonic scale lesson.

over and out Tilen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:20 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

hey

great news i can buy you lessons now.i waited some hours and i notice that correct email is pebberbrown@gmail.com with that mail shown in pay pal i can buy your lessons.please just tell me witch lesson is beter for me to buy is it online video lesson or should i buy Minor Pentatonic Scale Workbook Vol.1A

over and out Tilen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:52 pm
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

screw scales...if you are just starting they are time waste...get sarod out the way since thats a hard part that saves you picking time effort as you reap its dividends....and Trills!!! Screw Scales...TrillS and Sarod are what you need!

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 pm
by Cliff • 344 Posts

I disagree. It's important to get a good picking technique (sarod is probably not the best one to start with) and a good left hand technique (yep, trills are a very important part of this). But I think learning something like the pentatonic scale and having fun with it while jamming is very important too. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy: in my opinion the goal is making music, not learning technique for technique's sake.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:42 am

Nicky boy - I've been teaching beginners for 36+ years. Realize that Sarod and Trills are a long way off for a beginner. I usually focus on showing people how to put the tip of the finger on the string in between the frets to get a clean tone out of one note and then approach some 2 finger chords like E7, A7, etc. It takes beginners several months before they are able to even start doing basic picking and trill exercises at all. If they are under age 12 forget it they dont have the hand coordination yet. This is why kids a klutzy at a young age - the brain neurons and dendrites are not developed yet.
I reccomend the basic online lessons over the Pentatonic ebook for sure.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:15 pm
by Painkiller • 1 Post

Hi!

I was watching the video of the basic and played along. I could keep up with good tone to 6ths but then I was completly lost. My question: Should I keep practicing on my own until I´ve mastered that until I start subsribing to leasons or can I start taking it anyways? (sorry if my spelling is messed up im from Sweden)

Regards

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:15 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

question for pebber :

what is a difference between major and minor pentatonic scale ? and how does major pentanonic looks like,i mean if there is some pdf file that i could look at this major pentanonic scale
tnx for the answer

over and out Tilen

Last edited Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Major Pent = 1 2 3 5 6
Minor Pent = 1 b3 4 5 b7

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm
by Tilen • 31 Posts

:) and what that numbers means ?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:33 am
by dszady • 8 Posts

Tilen,
Go to this page: ww w.pbguitarstudio.com/GuitarLessonPDF.html
(I don't know how to put a full link in here. It says too many links, 0 links allowed)

Download this PDF:
5 Position (CAGED) System - LARGE (Print out a few copies)

Find this in the upper-left corner: "Major Scale Pos 1"
The circled "1" is your tonic or your root note. For example, in this case, let's say it's in the key of G.

1 = G
2 = A
3 = B
5 = D
6 = E

In the same PDF file, go down to "Natural Minor Pos 1".

1 = G
b3 = B(flat)
4 = C
5 = D
b7 = F

Pentatonic or Pent means 5.
Note that the next 1 is not counted as 8, as it is G again (Octave).

You HAVE to learn every note on the guitar fingerboard. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. Period.

There's a lot of work to do, but it is quite satisfying in doing so.
I'm sure someone will come along and expand on this and talk about learning elementary theory, etc.
Ask more questions if you need to.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:09 am
by Tilen • 31 Posts

i send an email to pebber adress but just in case if he didnt read his mail i will post ahe same content here

i would like to buy more your video lessons, i saw the video that you posted on the youtube where you talked about how to take internet video lessons,i bought the first MusicTheory_for_GUITAR_vol.1A and now i would like to buy two video lessons thats 40 dollars if i heard you correctly. please tell me how can i buy two more videos,should i do the same as before when i bought first video lesson or do i have to pay you in a different way. pay pal notice me and you did too about monthly paymenths to your account, i will have to cancell that monthly payments and the reason is that i dont have a job and no regular income. my parents and girlfriend support me at my music education so they given me the money for the last videos that i bought from you.i hope that you will understand why i will have to cancell monthly payment. i would like to know also this if at the end of your video lessons i belive thats all music theory that exists, do i get some papers or document who is showing that i can teach other peoples at the school, like becoming a teacher like you :)

sorry for my bad english

over and out Tilen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 am
by Tilen • 31 Posts

o shit i forgot that pebber answers only on forum,sorry :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:07 am
by Tilen • 31 Posts

i have a question about minor pentatonic scale workbook :

is the c minor pentatonic scale position 1, long pattern 1 taken from the c minor pentatonic scale position 2, like the other half of the c minor pentatonic scale position 2 ?

over and out Tilen

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:16 am
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

I think so yes
you can play through three position for long patterns also great way to get up and down the neck

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 12 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
697 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly