RE: I DARE ya... DOUBLE dog dare ya... TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!!!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:47 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: dlraben wrote in post #73
I played it through that way a couple times now. To me it looks like he just wanted to avoid skipping the G string in the lick, so instead of staying in the 12th & 13th positions he does a big stretch so he can stay on adjacent (G & B) strings. Assuming he had the tech for either, I don't get why he would want to do that (especially live).

I looked up that magazine and that version is the same as the one in my book. The one I have in guitar pro has the whole outro lick in positions 12 & 13, but the string skipping structure is retained. Both of these are comfortable for me. I thought you were going to ask about the end of the solo and not the outro. I can't play the end of the solo very well but I never really devoted any time to it.

I've watched Wylde play it and he seems to keep it all on the B and E string. That is possible. I worked it out that way and did that for a few weeks but I felt I wasn't getting the right sound if you know what I mean. So I started using the string skipping way and the tone is better this way. To me anyway. He's also moving the pick a lot which leads me to believe he is picking the string an extra time before doing a pull off. So instead of, say Pick pull off hammer pull off he is going Pick pull off Pick pull off. At least it appears this way with how much he is moving the pick and the tone.

As far as the end of the guitar solo, I have (cheated?) and worked it out into a 3 note per string/scaletone form/horizontal type deal cuz I just find that easier since I've spent so much time playing that way but I should put some time into his more vertical way.

YouTube www.youtube.com/ursinderoche
Facebook www.facebook.com/ursinderoche
Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:54 am
by uderoche (deleted)

In reference to Nicky boy and that whole deal EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM needs to watch this RIGHT NOW. Stop whatever you are doing and watch this from start to finish.

If you don't know who Bill Evans is, Google him, download a CD, buy a book, watch him on YouTube. Immediately. He is one of my musical heroes. I know Pebber feels the same way about Evans as does McLaughlin and many others. Evans is buried right down the street from me. I try to visit his gravesite once a year or so to recharge my batteries.

Anyway, EVERYONE watch this now. It answers a lot of questions for me, for you, for everyone.

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:59 am
by NicholasJacquet (deleted)

I am less interested in gaining respect here than I am in creating more facility with my new axe. I intend no belittlery whatsoever...As someone who knows excatly what it feels like to "have actually gotten worse on guitar since Scott joined these forums" I know exactly how awful such belittlering would feel and I would not EVER wish that on anyone. I dont face the same challenges others do here because everyone is a unique individual with unique hands and arms so what is impossible for me is not impossible for others. today I finnally got my new axe and I absolutly this thing; If I could I would probable marry this Stratocaster. (tho I think I have to move to Utah first) Its funny how the two hands can lock into each other in new ways when neither is required to support a big old baseballbat of a guitar.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Play Guitar better than Fred Durst?---Check

Play Guitar better than Lil' Wayne?---Check

Play Guitar better than Franz Listz?---
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:30 pm
by Cliff • 344 Posts

Great vid Ursin - thanks for that.

Nick - a measure of respect is useful, because people will only engage in meaningful discussion with you if they respect you and your opinions.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 pm

I think I like this Evans fellow...I wish I had cool people like that buried near/under my house instead of the indians on whose burial ground my house was constructed upon.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Last edited Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:49 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:11 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: NicholasJacquet wrote in post #80
I think I like this Evans fellow...I wish I had cool people like that buried near/under my house instead of the indians on whose burial ground my house was constructed upon.

This comment is completely uncalled for. If you want to be an idiot about learning music, that's fine. I have tried to help you. You will not listen. You did not attempt Scott's picking challenge because you cannot play in time with the metronome. You just sit around hacking at sarod and approximating what you think that is supposed to sound like. It sounds like generalized vague noise.

Pebber is part Native American. He has written music about the culture, spirituality, and struggles of Native Americans. He is not going to like this comment at all I can promise you that.

This forum does not tolerate any sort of racist, sexist, or homophobic comments. I can't believe you would type this and think it's ok. Where did you ever get the idea this type of insensitive comment was ok?

I knew you were a hard headed know it all kid, but I'm literally stunned at how ignorant you really are.

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:13 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

Keep yer head up Scott
I for one would like to thanks Pebber firstly
and you Scott for getting me to go back to the basic fundamentals.
and all the guys on here for the support we give one another.

Do not worry what others say
!Do not feed the troll!

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:17 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

What are you doing Nickyboy? You want to make comments about Native Americans now? Are Indians any less "cool" than anyone else? Dude you are one arrogant motherfucker and almost ready to be kicked out of here.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:11 pm

No I have nothing against native Americans whatsoever, the intention being a bit of humor through implying that the house I live in has the misfortune of being haunted.

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:13 pm

In addition to being very cold this time every single year...

Modoric Aknowledgements:

Last edited Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:14 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:43 pm
by uderoche (deleted)

Nicky boy, this is your last chance or you will be banned.

You need to watch that Bill Evans video I posted. Watch it again. Watch it as many times as you need to. Let it sink in. If you want to sit around thinking about something, think about what Evans says in that video. What he says cannot be stressed enough. Pebber will tell you Evans is SPOT on. More than spot on. It's gospel. Take it as religion. If you can't accept it you will suck forever. Put the guitar on ebay and sell it. Start doing something else.

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

sorry guys my video was due yesterday or day before but i got my knee injured(dislocated) so couldn't move since day before.

upstroke and downstrokes 72 alternate 144

Last edited Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:30 pm
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Nice Ashan, keep up the good work!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:17 pm
by ashan • 190 Posts

thank you damon. hope to get the up and downstrokes to 90 at least :) maybe soon. maybe not. going to keep trying anyway.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:02 pm
by Scottulus • 222 Posts

Ashan, really smooth playing, looks effortless, dude! Nice guitar!

http://www.scottkerrmusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/Scottulus
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:54 am
by clashcityrocker • 12 Posts

Yo Ursin PLEASE stop saying the world has too many guitarists. Or if we can't play a pentatonic scale we should sell our guitar and do something else.

Here are a few quotes from STATE OF THE AXE by Ralph Gibson it's a book subtitled "Guitar masters in photographs and words."

Here is Brandon Ross: "The guitar takes no prisoners. It's easy to play a little, relatively quickly after spending some time with it. The sucker punch is the realization that to get the most out of it requires a profound degree of commitment, enthusiasm, patience and repetition...not unlike much else worth doing in life."

Here is Andy Summers: "Being a guitarist can be like inhabiting a Kafka novel, with strings, frets, chords and notes alluding to a presence that, if not returned to and kept in order, pulls you into the shadows. But sometimes the geometry of the guitar is a haven, a lucent oasis and you return to drink again."

Pat Martino: "The guitar is an amazing container for the blessings that have been given."

Bill Frisell: "I wish everyone played guitar."

What I'm trying to say to you and everyone is it's a privilege and honour to play guitar and to have people like Pebber and you help us achieve a higher level is priceless. However we don't need to be told we're not good enough and we should quit. You have no right to do that, if we can't dedicate ouselves then we can decide for ourselves to stop. So Nick and anyone else don't quit, keep practicing, keep discovering you can do it. Keep the faith brothers (and sisters)!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Quote: clashcityrocker wrote in post #91
Yo Ursin PLEASE stop saying the world has too many guitarists. Or if we can't play a pentatonic scale we should sell our guitar and do something else.

Here are a few quotes from STATE OF THE AXE by Ralph Gibson it's a book subtitled "Guitar masters in photographs and words."

Here is Brandon Ross: "The guitar takes no prisoners. It's easy to play a little, relatively quickly after spending some time with it. The sucker punch is the realization that to get the most out of it requires a profound degree of commitment, enthusiasm, patience and repetition...not unlike much else worth doing in life."

Here is Andy Summers: "Being a guitarist can be like inhabiting a Kafka novel, with strings, frets, chords and notes alluding to a presence that, if not returned to and kept in order, pulls you into the shadows. But sometimes the geometry of the guitar is a haven, a lucent oasis and you return to drink again."

Pat Martino: "The guitar is an amazing container for the blessings that have been given."

Bill Frisell: "I wish everyone played guitar."

What I'm trying to say to you and everyone is it's a privilege and honour to play guitar and to have people like Pebber and you help us achieve a higher level is priceless. However we don't need to be told we're not good enough and we should quit. You have no right to do that, if we can't dedicate ouselves then we can decide for ourselves to stop. So Nick and anyone else don't quit, keep practicing, keep discovering you can do it. Keep the faith brothers (and sisters)!

I think you boys need to be smartened up to some old school turn of the century carnival terminology:

Work. (n) 1. A rationalized lie. 2. Predetermined outcome. (v) To lie, deceive, or mislead someone for gain 3. (v) To skillfully act out a story or play a character to illicit a response from an audience by having the audience perceive that what they are seeing/hearing is genuine.

My job is done boys. Back to practice. I'll catch ya'll down the road

Twitter @ursinderoche

Last edited Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:09 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Your job is done. Congrats. Good luck in your future endeavours. Thanks again for all your work at the forum. We'll miss you.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 pm
by dlraben • 278 Posts

Zitat
Your job is done. Congrats. Good luck in your future endeavours. Thanks again for all your work at the forum. We'll miss you.

Clash, dude, what are you even talking about here?

Ursin basically is these forums. Some others might help to keep them alive, so to speak, but basically all of the excellent advice that can be had these days (FOR FREE) comes from him.

Here's me selfishly hoping the correct way to interpret Ursin's "work" post is:
Hey, wannabes that don't practice enough, I've got no more of my time for you.
Hey, the rest of you that are working hard at trying not to suck, I dig it, keep it up, and I'll be around here and there for you.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:16 pm
by uderoche (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Yeah, I ain't going nowhere. "catch ya'll down the road" is just southern slang talk for "see you later." I'm from Louisiana. Maybe some of the shit I say don't get understood correctly and that's probably my fault since I probably need to get better at my typing skills and prose writing. Nevertheless, Ursin doesn't give a damn what you do with guitar! Stop playing, sell it, keep going, start playing polka, I don't care. In fact, I hope you all KEEP playing cuz I make my living teaching music down here and I need the money from aspiring guitarists to keep my damn lights on.

So, anyway, if I say "sell your guitar" I don't really mean go sell your guitar on ebay. That's just my way of saying "practice harder."

Twitter @ursinderoche
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:16 pm
by Scottulus • 222 Posts
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:51 pm
by MatGeorge • 90 Posts

yes, I always knew he didn't really mean sell it, and if he said that to you and it didn't motivate you to go practice harder, and you did just go sell it, that just shows how far you are willing to go with playing.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:10 pm

I know he's not leaving...I think that went over everyone's head...it is very easy to get misunderstood here. Anyways I'm glad you don't want us to quit, you had mentioned it in some other threads so I really believed it. It gave me an excuse to give those quotes which are pretty fitting as we attempt to slay this six-stringed beast. I just think too many people quit because they think they can't be as good as Hendrix or their friend or their teacher and so on so I'm kinda sensitive to that. I'm also a teacher (not guitar) and I know a single wrong word can send a student into a panic and cause future problems. Anyways glad you're here to help us. Thanks.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm
by deltadiscos • 321 Posts

OK so not a great recording on phone but here is down strokes at 116bpm best i could do till i get a new Camera

You think you practice enough.......YOU DON'T!............PRACTICE MORE! Darryn U.K
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 am
by ashan • 190 Posts

whoa that's awesome delta. i'd like to get to at least 100!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
42 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly