Starting with the online lessons

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:56 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Hello all,

I just want say hello to everybody here at PB Guitar Studio. Im ray 32 years old and play for the last 3 years as much as possible guitar. I focus myself on the acoustic guitar and mainly fingerstyle. This goes from classic music till rock like Days Of The New. I want to improve my technique on the guitar so i will play more secure. I have a big problem, I cant find people to jam with unfortunately because 1) i travel a lot and 2) i dont feel secure enough. I hope to improve this while following the lessons.

As i mentioned i try to play fingerstyle the vídeos which i got from PB are all with plectrum are there any people here who do fingerstyle as well and how do theye apply the exercises? I found a document which is called: Classical Guitar Right Hand Exercises. I´d like to know how the others are using this? e.g. IMA for string 1 to 4 and thumb for 4 to 6?

Do i have to make a vídeo of playing all chords i know and show which tones i know on the guitar? This i as little bit confusing for.

Anyhow thanks in advance for the replies im looking forward to have some interaction here on the fórum.

Greetz Ray

Scroll up

RE: Starting with the online lessons

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:01 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I dont have any fingerstyle videos available until you get up to RH Videos 5A-6B or so.
Again the primary focus is to follow the daily practice routine carefully step-by-step
to correct and fix any flaws in one's technique before going further.

Last edited Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:01 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:41 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

So that would mean i HAVE to play with a plectrum?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:01 pm

No - but its a good idea to get started. I would suggest learning the left hand series then
and then the PIMA studies if you are unable to use a pick.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Offcourse i will follow your advise, it wouldn´t make any sense to take lessons and ot follow the given advise. So if i understand it correct (there is so much documentaton over here :) ) I should start with Lesson 5.00 for now im really a dissaster with a plectrum and i do not have the desire to learn I love the sound of the nails. Although i think it would maybe a good idea to use a thumb plectrum this would give me the chance to play as with a regular plectrum. It is maybe a good solution to find the best of both ends?

so now searching for the left hand vídeos :) thanks for the adivse!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Left Hand is MODULE 2 videos. check back.

Last edited Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:43 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

yup found it awsome Pebber thanks a lot!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Now learn these and practice these and make a video of you playing them before getting the next video.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 74 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
415 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 395) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly