RE: Directional Picking / Alternate Picking / Timing

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 am
by Debilius • 96 Posts

It's no problem at all, if I only could find better fretboard diagram layout to put above the tab, that would be great. And for some reason it didn't include picking pattern I wrote in it, but I'll work on my future this kinda tabbed maps better.

I'm not that much into jazz, but jazz harmony and improv are very much of my interests.. so I've checked that Monster Jazz series on YT after you've mentioned it. It's pretty motivational... I like "result based practice" approach very much. ("Amount of time spent in the practice room is not as important as the results you get in the practice room")... and it happens I have something very similar to that, so I'll PM that to you.

The book about Coltrane is probably "Chasin' The Trane" by J.C. Thomas. Never skimmed through it but I bet it's great inspirational story.
http://www.amazon.com/Chasin-Trane-Capo-...s/dp/0306800438

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm
by jimiclaptoncarl • 117 Posts

Zitat von Debilius
I like "result based practice" approach very much. ("Amount of time spent in the practice room is not as important as the results you get in the practice room")

What the heck does that mean??? The only purpose of practice is to get results...You think you'll get much results after 1 hour of practice? I don't think so... :P

So there is a big correlation between the time you practice and the results you will get.

"Let's face it, you SUCK; now what are you going to do about it?" - Dick Grove

Practice not just until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.

Stay fit and eat healthy; die anyways. :p

MY GEAR:
Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
Digitech RP300A

jimiclaptoncarl

Last edited Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:11 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:58 pm
by hudsontoronto • 79 Posts

Honestly I think that one hour of practice well planed and with focus is better than 5 hours without focus and without a target and a plan.
I work in construction during the day and only practice obe hour per day and 2 to 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday, but I try to get the most out of it, focus and with a goal for that day, even if it is a small goal, each goal achieved you are moving fast ahead.
Now if you can afford to practice 8 to 10 hours per day more power to you, bur staying focus all this time really takes a lot of energy.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 13 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 295 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: