Chromatic Scale descending

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:17 am
by Mokuso • 2 Posts

Hello,

I started with guitar a month ago and stumbled on your videos at YouTube. I thought it´s a very dedicated way to approach guitar playing. Of course I want to get better over time and so I like to start with your daily routines.

But one of the excercices I don´t understand and I hope you can enlighten me because I really want to start training this technique.

What i can´t figure out is the chromatic scale descending.

If I put my fingers on 12th to 9th fret simultanly and push down until the fretboard, I get a pull off sound if I pull my pinky into the palm. Should I just hover the fingers over the 12th to 9th fret or should they just touch the string?
Or should I really push down to the fretboard and how do I avoid the pull off sound?

Thank you :)

Scroll up

RE: Chromatic Scale descending

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:53 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

There are literally DOZENS of my videos up on youtube for free all explaining this in great detail.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:28 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Im ot sure if I undeerstand your question completely maybe a video of you showing what you would like to ask and demonstrating it with the guitar would help.

Anyhow if you chromaticaly descent from 12 to 9 with finger 4 till 1 you should fret and hit first finger 4 on the 12 string than pull finger 4 to your palm and fret finger 3 on the 11th fret than hit it and so forth.

As pebber said there a dozens of videos about this subject from Pebber makes search on youtube

I hope will help

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:56 am
by Mokuso • 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was misunderstanding one of the phrases in the videos and because of the ankle of the guitar I got confused and thought I have to push the string down with all fingers and then lift one after another (pinky,ring,..). Of course that would be a pull off.
So I just keep the fingers on the string barely touching it or as close to the string as possible. Well I know it was an odd beginner question but better save than sorry ;) back to practrice and thanks for the help.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
260 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 107) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly