Transcibe!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:08 am
by shotimac • 17 Posts

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone use the sofrware TRANSCRIBE! ?? Is it worth buying?

Thank you!

Scroll up

RE: Transcibe!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 15, 2016 4:52 pm
by SteveC • 14 Posts

Yes. I recommend it. You can slow down and loop any sections of a solo you are trying to figure out. I paid $50.00 for it and has free upgrades for life. I'm sure there are others that may be better even. Hopefully if someone knows of any they will respond with their recommendations.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun May 15, 2016 5:43 pm
by aethermachine • 33 Posts

What is the advantage of this program over free programs such as audacity? One I see is that is gives you notes/chords being used in a section, not sure if audacity can do this or not.

Last edited Sun May 15, 2016 5:46 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 am
by Farelli • 189 Posts

I've played around with Transcribe! free version, but I quickly went away from it because I find I spend far too much time in the software instead of working on the music.

Audacity is a great program that I use all the time, but as far as I know it has no capability to represent notes; it's audio only. That said it's a very powerful program that I've used to multi-track both my voice and instruments (which showed me how bad my timing sucks from take to take).

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon May 16, 2016 5:15 pm
by SteveC • 14 Posts

Don't know anything about Audacity and for all I know it is a superior tool. Personally I've never found the notes/chords any use whatsoever however being able to slow down and loop isolated sections of a solo has made it much easier for me to learn solos by ear which is the way I have always done. Except I had to rewind a tape over and over at regular speed.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
496 guests and 2 members have been online today (yesterday: 349) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

2 members have been online today:
McFly, webpulseindia