Picking Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:55 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Here are all the Picking Videos in their entirety. Many people ask a lot of questions that are already explained here many times over in different ways. Please take the TIME and review these videos if you need help with picking techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2...eature=view_all

Scroll up

RE: Picking Videos

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:29 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Please no posts of favorite picks, favorite strings, favorite bands, etc. This is strictly for people to watch the picking videos in case they missed them.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 pm
by ashan • 190 Posts

i was wondering why its essential to go through scalpel picking if the ultimate goal is being able to do sarod picking. until i watched vblog 1 in this list. thank you pebber. is there a correct way to learn vibrato technique like trills and picking exercises you've taught?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 pm
by FRaKh • 321 Posts

If there was a question there...this would be the answer..
Sarod by itself is great for picking one string only at high high speed.
try to play across the strings with alternate picking is no good unless you used economy picking.
Scalpel picking gives the user the finesse required to alternate pick across the strings....there are other techniques for this but I as well as others feel its the best method to devote yourself to. At least 2 years should be devoted to it.

The reason you learn both techniques is so you can blend them together into one hell of a technique. Sarod for power and endurance and Scalpel for the finesse for alternate picking.

YOU MUST GET DOWN BOTH BEFORE YOU CAN BLEND! I cant stress that enough. At least have a very good idea of your technique and know when you are screwing it up. You must give each at least 2 full years to get the idea before you start to blend. If you want to do it right. Until then practice each separately and watch PBs videos. The DVD is a great source to have in your library!

Vibrato....Pebber has some great videos on that as well...just hunt through them and you will find your answers.

“A World Without String Is Chaos”

Randolf Smuntz

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 10 Guests are online.:
McFly

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 416 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly