RE: PICKING Forum

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:38 pm
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

I always thought my left hand was the issue until I figured out that I can play faster with economy picking, now I need to work the bugs out of my alternate picking technique to match the speed that I can do with economy. I started using the scalpel method and am moving towards the floating wrist / sarod style. Years ago I had a spanish guitar teacher who showed me that technique but I never really applied it to anything more than spanish style triplet playing on two adjacent strings. Pebber which vids to you recommend for someone who is new to sarod? Thanks.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:42 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I dont really reccomend Sarod for everything. Phrasing is what dictates the technique to be used. I suppose you could go back on You Tube and look at all the videos under the right hand technique playlists.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:52 am
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

The one where you are playing and illustrate between alternate and sarod was really helpful thanks.

Scroll up

RE: DAVA

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:41 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

I have all three types of DAVA but I tend to like the black grip on the left. Once you start using those its hard to go back to regular plastic style picks. Also I never felt quite right using TORTEX - they always seemed like ..... I cant quite say.... What is it with those anyway?
I used to read that interview with MAC and he used to talk about taking shears and cutting up plastic pie pan tupperware and making picks out of them... I did that when I was 15 until my MOM got ultra pissed off at me....he he he

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 am
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

I just ordered the black grippies, I do like the cat's tounge 1.5's too.

Scroll up

arpeggios

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:31 pm
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

I have always had less than desirable results with arpeggios, I learned some sweep / economy methods that help a little, I could use some tips on how to cross over from deliberate attack to sweeping evenly.

Last edited Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:31 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:33 am
by uderoche (deleted)

Zitat von robmurtha
I just ordered the black grippies, I do like the cat's tounge 1.5's too.

You are going to dig them rob! Let us know what you think when they come in.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:54 pm
by robmurtha • 94 Posts

wow the tone from these DAVAs is amazing, nice feel too. I still like the cat's tongue grip better but the feel and tone from the DAVAs is great for an edgy sound and killer harmonics thanks!

Scroll up

RE: Wizard of Shred

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 am
by walleyedave • 37 Posts

you can learn things from anyone,,,,,,the most accurate quote ive heard in a long time.. this is why i have joined this forum.

Scroll up

RE: Wizard of Shred

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:40 am
by uderoche (deleted)

I have been using the Pickboy Carbon Edge picks for about a year now. Great picks. Kind of a "super jazz" pick. It's bigger than a jazzIII but smaller than a regular sized pick.

Pickboy just recently put out the Edge made of Ultem (the same as dunlop's Ultex but I guess Dunlop has a copyright on the name Ultex)

Ordered a pack and have really been enjoying them.

-Ursin

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:39 am
by Lash • 7 Posts

can someone PLEASE tell what the hell Eric Johnson's "circle picking " thing is ? I've seen that video of his where he tries to explain it many times but I still can't figure it out

Scroll up

RE: Wizard of Chicks

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:44 am
by Lash • 7 Posts

Zitat von pebberbrown
He must be too busy with all those Chicks. I mean - it probably DOES take great stamina dont you think?

I like the picture on his website where it says "Motivate yourself to practice"... and a hot chick. Maybe she's motivation

Scroll up

RE: Wizard of Chicks

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:06 am
by Faz • 9 Posts

Ha, well I asked him about the chicks!

FazSaber
1 day ago 3

whats with all the ladies on ur website? lol

wizardofshred
1 day ago 3

@FazSaber They make a good impression :)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm
by diegopaudyal • 91 Posts

I used to be an active Tom Hess student until last week. His lessons are pretty expensive but don't get me wrong, he is a master. I had to quit due to financial reason. However I will continue taking lessons from him later.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
491 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 629) guests / 2) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly