Current Progress

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:20 pm
by GuitarStyles88 • 19 Posts

Some of the exercises I do everyday. Any advice on ways to improve would be appreciated.

[Alternate Picking Warmup]

[Non Adjacent String upstrokes/downstrokes]

[Pima Picking]

Scroll up

RE: Current Progress

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Thanks for posting this - try for even tighter tighter tighter movement. Shrink down how far your hand and wrist travel to where it looks like its standing still - thats the goal of all this! Great work!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:43 pm
by heyman • 60 Posts

Hey! What's up?
I decided to make a quick video for you and hopefully help you along your PIMA journey. Hope this helps. I think you are on to something great!

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:49 pm
by David A Rose • 4 Posts

Hello, I'm a new member here and I just started on Module 1: Right-hand Exercises. I did a self-evaluation of my right-hand technique and I'm very objective about what I need to work on. The one thing is I'm fair with most of the exercises, but the biggest issue I have is my up picking technique. I need to improve on my up picking technique as well as the other right-hand exercises so that I'm fluent across the board with all of the exercises. I didn't realize that until now how bad my up picking skill stinks. Other than that I'm very pleased with video lessons and with the PB Guitar Daily Practice/Routine sheet is essential in order to become a much better musician. I play flute professionally, but I always wanted to be a better guitar player than a campfire chord strummer.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:25 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Hi David!

WELCOME!! I am wondering how your progress is going with regards to your up-strokes. Would you be able to post a quick video in a new Thread (1-2 minutes should suffice)?

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:31 am
by alc0 • 4 Posts

Upstrokes have been my nemesis!

It turns out that using scalpel picking, instead of holding the thumb flat while picking upstrokes with a wrist motion, gives upstrokes a greater sense of control. Upstrokes and downstrokes feel equally comfortable with scalpel picking.

Impossible to know what's going on for you without seeing a video. But I sympathize with the experience of finding tons of surprising weak-spots while working on the Module 1 exercises. I was frankly shocked at how difficult it is for me to quickly pick pentatonic scales without using hammer-ons and pull-offs!

...now to re-harmonize myself to use scalpel picking at will without having to pay attention to it...

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm
by GuitarStyles88 • 19 Posts

@heyman Thank you! Im so sorry I didnt even see these responses until now. I really appreciate you taking out the time to make a video and show me how to go about picking up the PIMA technique, I will heed this advise

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 am
by heyman • 60 Posts

No problem. Hope it helps.

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:07 am
by heyman • 60 Posts

No problem. Hope it helps.

Talk it then walk it.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
77 guests and 1 member have been online today (yesterday: 529) guests / 1) members).

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

1 member has been online today :
McFly