Michael Hedges!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:07 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

For those of you who may have seen the "Michael Manring!" thread, I mentioned that he played with the late Michael Hedges. I have seen this type of acoustic wizardry getting more and more popular. This guy helped perpetuate this genre...Enjoy!

Michael Hedges!

Last edited Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:08 pm | Scroll up

RE: Michael Hedges!

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:58 am
by gas17565 • 11 Posts

I haven't seen the thread, but there's still nobody like Michael Hedges! Thanks for the post, Adam!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:11 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Well spoken Adam!

At the moment you see many players who are inspired by Hedges, like Andy McKee, Don Ross, Jon Gomm and many more. I like this style of music IMO. And they trully use the guitar in all posible ways which is very artistic and creative.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:12 pm
by aethermachine • 33 Posts

Hey guys! I didn't really know who Michael Hedges was until I found CandyRat Records and found out a lot of those players were inspired by him. It is tragic what happened to him. Andy Mckee is such an inspiration, such a talented and hardworking guy. Antoine Dufour is another one of the CandyRat guys I like, that entire genre of music is incredible. I also like Pino Forastiere.

Last edited Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:12 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:46 pm

One of my favorite Dufour jams, in this one he has a violinist come in, really great stuff.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:04 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

The 2 gents have a wonderfull album together called Still String. I love this album it has great harmonies and awesome rhythms. A real recomendation

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:13 pm

I will have to check that out. While we are talking about acoustic guitarists, Tommy Emmanuel deserves a mention, if not his own thread! :P

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:50 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Quote: aethermachine wrote in post #7
I will have to check that out. While we are talking about acoustic guitarists, Tommy Emmanuel deserves a mention, if not his own thread! :P

Check out the thread Tommy E, I beleive Pebber made the thread.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:28 pm

I really like this guy, this is one of my favorite compositions. It is dedicated to Dominic Frasca, I bought one of his albums a few years back but I'm not sure what he is up to nowadays (regarding Frasca).

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:26 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Quote: aethermachine wrote in post #4
Hey guys! I didn't really know who Michael Hedges was until I found CandyRat Records and found out a lot of those players were inspired by him.
Hello Everyone!

Jon, thank you so much for posting a couple of fantastic follow-up videos, and especially for mentioning CandyRat Records!!! This label is home to some the absolute BEST contemporary acoustic players in the world. There are guys on CandyRat that totally blow my mind!

I can't believe I didn't follow up on this thread until today - a month later. However, I am going to start a new thread where we can post videos and discuss our favorite CandyRat musicians. I hope you all take part in that thread!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 27 (yesterday 65) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: