Single-String Chromatic Warm-Ups

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:52 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

I initially posted this as a response to one of our fellow Forum members, but this video should be beneficial to all.

Enjoy!

Scroll up

RE: Single-String Chromatic Warm-Ups

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

This was topic 666 by the way! Spooookie!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:54 pm
by Will • 21 Posts

Hey thanks Adam! That's a new way to do it for me. I like it! Will be incorporating that daily

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:32 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Its SO GREAT to have you back in the forum!!!
Great permutations!

Last edited Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:55 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Pebber, I just cannot tell you how much that means to me!

Will, it is AWESOME to hear that you dig this variation and will be trying it out! When I first learned this from Pebber, it was also the first time I had seen this variation. I really love the way it forces me "jump" the the proper fret while keeping time. Anything that challenges my "understanding" of something is always interesting to me. You are definitely headed in the right direction, and I hope you decide to stick around the Forum and continue to share with us and participate.

Thanks again, Guys!!!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:06 pm
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Adam,

Thanks for posting this videom this is a great help for me and i think for everybody on the forum.

Keep posting I love your comments!

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 am
by Ray1981 • 279 Posts

Here's another chromatic idea which you can use for warm-up but it's also usuable in improvisation on Jazz. On request of Adam I post the video here, I hope anybody likes the video:

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:39 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Thank you for posting this video, Ray! This is a great exercise to get loosened up.

I tried changing the title of this thread, because I want everyone to share their own warm-up exercises, chromatic exercises, and permutation videos all in one place. There are already too many responses to this thread, so I am unable to edit the title. That's OK, though:

FORUM MEMBERS: Please feel free to keep posting videos of yourselves showcasing your favorite warm-ups here! (Don't forget to use a metronome or other type of click track in your videos!)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:17 am
by Will • 21 Posts

Here is a video of my favourite chromatic warm up right now. I am pretty new to left hand exercises, so this might be old news to all you guys. But, I do find that this one really puts me in a trance and I can do it for hours...

I was hoping to attach a screen shot of the pdf that this exercise is from so you could all see the map of it. I can't seem to figure out how to embed a picture yet though...d'oh

Last edited Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:20 am | Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:31 am
by Adam • 172 Posts

Will, that is an excellent video! Each note sounds clear, the left-hand technique is spot on, and your picking is tight. NICE!

May I ask that you please post this video to the new thread I created?: The Warm-Up Thread

After Ray posted his video in this thread, I noticed that I needed to change the title of this thread, because his video was not technically a single-string chromatic warm-up. I just do not want to confuse future Forum Members. Unfortunately, I was unable to edit this thread's title, because there were already responses to my initial post. Therefore, I just created a new thread where we can post ALL of our warm-up exercises. Your video definitely belongs there!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 49 (yesterday 65) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: