First/2nd month subscriber, problems with Practice routine

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 am
by mz243100 • 1 Post

Hello, I am a new subscriber to Pebber brown's videos, I started exactly one month ago. I am having a few problems with what to put in my daily practice routine, first off, I have been following the videos and the Daily practice routine pdf file. I am unsure on some of the things in the module 1 practice routine are, specifically, where can I find the following exercises?
1.Classical P-I-M-A patterns
2.Classical Giuliani 120 patterns
3.Harmonic Node Patterns & Exercises
4.Harmonic Node Tapping Patterns & Exercises
5.Directional Picking Patterns & Exercises

I have been practicing the other parts of module 1 pretty diligently., Spending an average of 40 minutes each, Is it vital to include all of these in my daily schedule? It seems a bit overwhelming at the moment, even more so, I just received the module 2 videos, yet feel that I havent completed module 1 left. Should I ignore Module 2 completely until I practice module 1 for another few weeks or so?

Thanks

Scroll up

RE: First/2nd month subscriber, problems with Practice routine

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:27 pm
by vardhan116 • 13 Posts

pbguitarstudios.com then go to PDF/MP3 files and under student subscriber downloads go to PDF files.
scroll down and you will find student right hand exercises.
That is where you will find fingerpicking patterns.
Even idk the nodes I will wait till i get to download his videos.

Directional picking: go to lesson videos on pbguitarstudios.com and go to daily practice module 1 videos and i think it is picking basics 1A or 2A just check them out. OR wait til you get to download his videos.

I suggest you to divide your time. Do not do just module 1 and skip module 2 completely. Spend some time on both.
yes, it may feel overwhelming, but divide your practice time, and give it some time and you will get better.

i also suggest you to stick to one thing while practicing.if you started with picking, complete that before you move on to PIMA or 120 Giuliani. you do not have to practice all of the right hand exercises. just one exercise at a time.

(note that the above statement is what i do to practice. few people find it better to do 6 different exercises for 5 minutes each whereas i like do do the same exercise for 30 minutes before moving on.)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:28 am
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

This is the same response I would have left.

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 pm
by Adam • 172 Posts

Same response I would have left, as well: DIVIDE YOUR TIME,,,PRACTICE IT ALL!

Guys, please remember: It is MUCH BETTER to practice 10-20 minutes each day, as it is to practice multiple hours on a once-a-week basis!

(Kudos to vardhan116 for the feedback!!)

Scroll up

in PB Guitarstudio FORUMS Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:32 pm
by pebberbrown • 926 Posts

Personally I like to practice Sarod picking on one string for 2 hours a day straight through. Then I like to practice chromatic and symmetric scales for 1 hour while singing the notes, then I like to do all 14 position scale sequences for 1 hour while singing the notes. Then I do lots of arpeggios - the whole time training my ear by singing the notes. None of this is at all possible if your right hand picking technique is weak or it sucks. You have to spend the most amount of your efforts perfecting the picking technique first before moving on into other ideas. Too many people dont and they always have problems synchronizing their picking speed, tone and timbre an dynamics.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: charlie66
guest counter
Today were 190 (yesterday 108) guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 918 topics and 8186 posts.

0 members have been online today: